|Story Code: L / Season 2||UK Airdate: 2 Jan to 9 Jan 1965||Doctor: William Hartnell|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|Rhodesia / Zimbabwe||Sep 66||b/w|
|Trinidad & Tobago||Oct 66||b/w|
|Hong Kong||May 67||b/w|
|New Zealand||Mar 68||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Apr 68||b/w|
|Costa Rica||Mar 72||b/w|
- Tunisia did not screen this serial.
- In mid-1967, New Zealand was sent the prints that had been used by the ABC in Australia.
- A UK film collector acquired prints of both episodes sometime in the 1970s. It's not known what format these are -- Suppressed or Stored field -- and as such it is not possible to determine their origin.
- See Hartnell Junkings
- The serial was reissued by the BBC in late 1985, and sold to:
|United States||from Sep 85||b/w|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Rescue
- Episode 1: On the planet Dido, the Doctor finds the wreckage of a spaceship from Earth and encounters two survivors.
- Episode 2: (no plot description)
- Compilation: On the planet Dido, the Doctor finds the wreckage of a spaceship from Earth and encounters two survivors.