The Five Doctors
|Story Code: 6K / Season : 90 minute Special||UK Airdate: 25 Nov 1983||Doctor: Peter Davison|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||23 Nov 83||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Nov 88||PAL|
- The story was made as a 90 minute "movie".
- The story made its TV debut in the United States in November 1983 -- see list of stations at right.
- A four-part edition was also made: it screened in that format in the UK for the August 1984 repeat (see BBC Repeats), and appeared on some stations in the United States during the mid- to late 1980s - one of the first being WGBH (where it aired 8-11 October 1984); on YTV in Canada (31 May to 5 June 1991), and in Australia in the mid-2000s.
- The adventure was dubbed into German and re-edited into a three-parter for the screening in Germany.
- The re-edited extended Special Edition made for the 1995 VHS released and later reissued on DVD in 1999, was shown by WQEX in June 2001, and on WCET in October 2002 and April 2003.
- See also K9 and Company.
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Five Doctors (sometimes The Five Doctors Who)
- Part 1: Doctor Who runs into some of his former selves in the Death Zone.
- Part 2:
- Part 3:
- Part 4:
- Compilation: The current regeneration of Doctor Who runs into some of his former selves when they are plucked out of time and placed in the Death Zone on a program commemorating the series 20th anniversary.