The Time Monster
|Story Code: OOO / Season 9||UK Airdate: 20 May to 24 Jun 1972||Doctor: Jon Pertwee|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United States||Dec 72||NTSC|
|Hong Kong||Sep 73||b/w|
|Saudi Arabia||Dec 77||b/w|
- The story may have been dubbed into Arabic.
- It was not sold anywhere in its original PAL format. The tapes had been wiped by the end of 1973.
- For Whose Doctor Who (broadcast on 3 April 1977) a black and white clip was used from The Time Monster as that format was the best copy available at the time.
- The NTSC tapes were returned from Canada by April 1981.
- The serial was reissued to the United States in mid-1983, as part of a package of 14 full colour Jon Pertwee stories.
- It was released again in early 1985, as part of a package of all 24 Jon Pertwee stories, and sold to the United States, as a NTSC to PAL conversion in Australia (in Jun 86, for the first time in colour), and later again to Canada.
- It also aired for the first time in:
|New Zealand||Jan 86||N/PC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Time Monster
- Episode 1: A scientist activates a mysterious crystal that ages an assistant 60 years.
- Episode 2: The Master transmits the high priest of the lost city of Atlantis to his laboratory.
- Episode 3: The Master plans to transport himself to Atlantis to capture the Crystal of Kronos.
- Episode 4: Both the Master and Doctor Who set off for Atlantis.
- Episode 5: The Doctor is transported to eternal nothingness and the Master arrives in Atlantis.
- Episode 6: Dr. Who saves Jo from the monstrous Minotaur that guards the Crystal of Kronos.
- Compilation: A scientist activates a portion of the powerful crystal that destroyed the civilization of Atlantis.