From BroaDWcastJump to navigationJump to search
|Story Code: T / Season 3||UK Airdate: 11 Sep to 2 Oct 1965||Doctor: William Hartnell|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|New Zealand||Dec 68||b/w|
|Sierra Leone||Oct 70||b/w|
- New Zealand sent its film prints of this serial to Singapore on 20 September 1972. The sale to Singapore was actually "back-catalogue", as they had already started screening Jon Pertwee stories by this time.
- Galaxy 4 was still being offered for sale as late as 1974, but no further sales eventuated after 1972.
- Sierra Leone sent its prints back to the BBC in 1974.
- The ABC in Australia returned its prints to the BBC on 4 June 1975.
- All four episodes existed as 16mm film prints and negatives in November 1976. (The prints may have been the ones returned from Sierra Leone in 1974, or Australia in 1975.) In early 1978, the Doctor Who Appreciation Society (DWAS) planned to acquire the rights to screen the serial at a convention to be held later that year, but were informed by the BBC in March 1978 that the prints had been destroyed.
- An incomplete print of part three was recovered in the UK in late 2011. It appears that this print was the one returned from Australia in 1975. (See also The Celestial Toymaker CONSPIRACY THEORIES...)
- See also Hartnell Junkings