This page will list UPDATES and NEW pages added.
We would very much like BroaDWcast to also function as an index to Doctor Who clips on YouTube, especially USA pledge-breaks, convention footage and any foreign language clips. If you already know of or stumble across any, please send us the link.
- And don't forget, clicking on the AIRDATES icon on the country profile pages will take you to the airdates summary for that country (N/S = story title is Not Stated)
- We're on TWITTER. To "Follow" us, please 'click' here or via the link found in the "external sites" section of the left sidebar.
- We also have a dedicated forum and email address - see sidebar to the left
- 20 February: Between 1976 and 1989, each new season of Doctor Who made its overseas broadcast debut in a different country - either the Netherlands, United Arab Emirates, Australia, New Zealand or the United States...
- Or that's what we thought, but it turns out that bar a handful (due to extra-special circumstances) all those fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh Doctor series had their foreign premieres in West Germany! Although the German broadcaster RTL-Plus began screening McCoy episodes in late 1989, those episodes - and a whole lot more - had already been aired in parts of West Germany by the British Forces Broadcasting Service (BFBS), which operated a closed-system television network that was available only at British military bases dotted around the country. The McCoy stories were also shown by the BFBS on the Falkland Islands.
- 19 February 2021: This is our tenth anniversary. The site was officially launched on 19 February 2011 at the Gallifrey One convention in Los Angeles. A big Thank you to all our readers and supporters - and an even bigger special Thank you to our contributors - see the very long list on the Main Page. We couldn't have done this without you.
- This website turns TEN on 19 February. We were going to have a party with cake, balloons and clowns, but that's been scrapped due to COVID. Instead, each day over the next ten days we'll be Tweeting a "Fun Fact" highlighting something of interest that was discovered during research. On the tenth day, we'll be uploading a new profile - that of a previously unfamiliar broadcaster who was actually the first to... Well, that would be telling!
- 17 January: Update to Portugal and Brazil to include further info regarding the Peter Cushing Dalek films.