The Talons of Weng-Chiang
|Story Code: 4S / Season 14||UK Airdate: 26 Feb to 2 Apr 1977||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Repeats / Foreign Cable and Satellite||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Jan 78?||PAL|
|United States*||Nov 78||NTSC|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Dec 79||PAL|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Jun 80?||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish (for Latin America).
- The story was not able to be screened in Canada in 1980, but did later play during re-runs.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||late 85?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Jul 86||NTSC|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: Talons of Weng-Chiang
- Part 1: In Victorian London, Dr. Who takes Leela to a music hall, but their evening is spoiled by murder.
- Part 2: The Doctor's investigation leads him to the London sewers, where he discovers giant rats.
- Part 3: Leela is captured by the phantom of the Palace Theatre.
- Part 4: Dr. Who battles the Tong of the Black Scorpion.
- Part 5: Dr. Who's friends face their deaths at the House of the Dragon.
- Part 6: The Doctor confronts Weng-Chiang.
- Compilation: In Victorian London, Dr. Who investigates a homicidal phantom terrorizing a music hall.