The Sun Makers
|Story Code: 4W / Season 15||UK Airdate: 26 Nov to 17 Dec 1977||Doctor: Tom Baker|
|First airings by location||UK Terrestrial and Satellite Repeats||Previous Story / Next Story|
This story aired in the following known countries. They are listed in chronological order according to known airdate. If no month is noted, the actual airdate is not confirmed, and is a close approximate. (Refer also to Selling Doctor Who for expanded airdates.)
|United Arab Emirates||Aug 78?||PAL|
|United States*||Dec 78||NTSC|
|Chile||c May 79||NTSC|
|Costa Rica||Feb 80||NTSC|
|Puerto Rico||Sep 80?||NTSC|
- (*) The US date is based on the airdates for WTEV, which was the first US station to screen the initial package of 98 Tom Baker episodes.
- This story was dubbed into Spanish (for Latin America).
- The title of this story is often written as "The Sunmakers". This spelling first appears in the 1978 Time-Life promotional material, and again in US genre magazines such as Starlog. The abbreviated form became more common following its use in Target's Doctor Who The Programme Guide (Jean-Marc L'officier, 1981) and the 1982 novelisation.
- The story was reissued in the mid-1980s, during the THIRD WAVE of sales.
|Saudi Arabia||early 86?||NTSC|
|Armed Forces Network||Aug 86||NTSC|
|New Zealand||Oct 87||PAL|
US TV Guide descriptions
Title: The Sunmakers
- Part 1: On Pluto, the Doctor discovers humans controlled by a ruthless business operation.
- Part 2: The Doctor is ordered to the correction center; Leela is captured by the rebels.
- Part 3: Leela is sentenced to death.
- Part 4: The Doctor leads the workers in a revolution against the company.
- Compilation: On Pluto, the Doctor discovers humans controlled by a ruthless business operation.